“Ensures reported product defects have been corrected for
each new release”
Similar in scope to a functional test, a regression test allows a consistent, repeatable validation of each new release of a product or Web site. Such testing ensures reported product defects have been corrected for each new release and that no new quality problems were introduced in the maintenance process.
Neosoft's systematic approach to Regression Testing ensures minimum disruption while keeping costs under control. Our Regression Testing guarantees that the new features or enhancements to the application do not cause any unintended impact to the existing quality of the applications. Our test teams thoroughly understand and perform impact analysis of the changes that are made to the test environment and the application(s). Changes to the application can happen in the form of bug fixes, new functionality, functionality enhancements, integrations, patches, interfaces etc.
Our approach includes:
- Detailed traceability matrix: Outlines of the requirements vs. test cases
- Dependency analysis: Performed between test cases and requirements
- Change reports: Issues between the current release and previous release
- Release specific regression test pack
- Risk based analysis: Pareto analysis, FMEA, Output from code coverage report, etc.
- Continuous pruning: Regression tests packs are continuously pruned by removing the test cases that are no longer needed & add additional ones.
- Regression testing ensures that the functionality in place in earlier releases is intact and working in the new release.